"Sometimes, I get below my threshold."
"And what is that?"
"70 marks." He continues to fiddle with his Beyblade toys. Apparently, I'm poor competition to some spinning scrap metal/plastic instruments.
My baby cousin is in the Gifted Education Program (GEP) - the first child in the extended family to be in such an exclusive academic program. Honestly, he is not a "baby" but given my age - erhem - I feel every right to regard him as so.
He tests me about charms, quarks and neutrinos - subatomic particles that happen to be beyond the typical NUS Chemistry syllabus. It is actually quite embarrassing when I desperately attempt to deflect his questions. Anyway, back to the story.
"Why did you score below 70?"
"Cause my handwriting is bad. Now, I write damn slowly."
I gasped. "You're a baby, you aren't supposed to use the word 'damn'!"
"Huh, why not?"
"It is a vulgarity. Very naughty of you to use it."
"Why is T-H-E-M a vulgarity?"
I wonder what this suggests about me, haha.
- Lab Report on Chemical Kinetics (Initial Rates Method & Activation Energy from the Temperature Dependence of the Reaction Rate)
- Lab Report on Acid-Base Titrations of ammonia, acetic acid, NaOH and HCl
- A Critical Analysis of The Trees, by Phillip Larkin
- Lab Report on Synthesis of Ferrocene
- Lab Report on Determination of the Ka of CH3COOH using conductance
- Lab Report on Isolation of Chlorophyll and Beta Carotene
- Lab Report on Hydrolysis of tert-butyl Chloride in polar solvents
- Lab Report on Synthesis of Cu(II) - Tetraphenylporphinate
- ► 2016 (20)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (72)
- ► 2013 (114)
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2011 (115)
- ► 2010 (131)