"Bet that they slaved for money when they were our age."
"I don't know. There must be some truth when rich people say that money isn't important."
"That's because they've so much of it!"
Then all the more should we heed their words, I felt like saying but remained silent. They had been there, done that. Didn't you know that after achieving a certain level of wealth, money becomes diminishingly important?
"Still don't think it's a good idea to splurge on a $1, 200 Mont Blanc pen. My 50 cents pen can write just as well."
"But there's an actual crystal in it! Not printed or embossed. An actual one. See this photo on the screen?When you reached a certain income bracket, what you want to buy naturally becomes more expensive. Maybe you don't understand this. But you'll want more stuff, costlier stuff, cooler stuff."
"I'd want to buy something useful or give some money to needier people. What would I want with expensive stuff?"
There was an awkward pause.
"Dear gods, I can't imagine why we are having this conversation. I just want to tell you about the pen I've seen and how nice it is."
- Lab Report on Acid-Base Titrations of ammonia, acetic acid, NaOH and HCl
- Lab Report on Chemical Kinetics (Initial Rates Method & Activation Energy from the Temperature Dependence of the Reaction Rate)
- Lab Report on Hydrolysis of tert-butyl Chloride in polar solvents
- Lab Report on Synthesis of Ferrocene
- Lab Report on Determination of the Ka of CH3COOH using conductance
- A Critical Analysis of The Trees, by Phillip Larkin
- Lab Report on Isolation of Chlorophyll and Beta Carotene
- A Critical Analysis of The Tempest by Shakespeare
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (72)
- ► 2013 (114)
- ► 2012 (104)
- Song of a Changsha ware
- Lab Report on Chemical Kinetics (Initial Rates Met...
- A Pen That Isn't Just A Pen
- Week's worth
- Time for the 'whatever-may-be's
- On happiness (II)
- Lab Report on Qualitative and quantitative analysi...
- Lab Report on excitation and emission spectra of Q...
- Lab Report on Capillary Electrophoresis
- On Happiness
- How the SMS Conversation Died
- The Fascination with Unhappiness
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2010 (131)